Usually, QuickBooks users come across this application failure when QuickBooks won’t open or QuickBooks has stopped working in the middle or is not responding to any of your actions. There are various solutions on the web that may work but the solution provided by our QuickBooks experts is time-tested. You can also contact our technical support helpline for quicker and efficient assistance.
QuickBooks won’t open – Troubleshooting Repair Guide
After opening the QuickBooks company file or by taping the company file icon, QuickBooks won’t open and the QuickBooks desktop does not start, in some scenarios, you can simply reboot the computer and again try opening QuickBooks.
Solution 1: CLOSE QBW32.exe process in task manager
- Right-click over the taskbar and select task manager
- Select the process tab and scroll down to find qbw32.exe and click end process
Solution 2: OPEN QuickBooks in no company open mode
- Press and hold down the CTRL key and right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and open it, QuickBooks will launch itself in no company open mode
- try opening the company file now
Solution 3: Run the QBINSTALL tool
- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool (QBINSTALL tool) to repair minor errors that can be the cause of QuickBooks not responding
- Save the company file locally
- Restart the computer after the whole process finishes up