QuickBooks Script Error Overview
When a user executes a feature in QuickBooks which requires the involvement of the web to proceed. These features connect with QuickBooks servers to provide an output or perform a function. They require the use of third-party applications in order to communicate. When QuickBooks is unable to perform the function Quickbooks script error appears on the screen.
What is the script error in QuickBooks desktop?
Although QuickBooks tries to download information from QuickBooks online servers in order to display information to the user. The script error pops up and there is an error in downloading the information.
This error can occur while running any version of QuickBooks. QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks desktop-like Pro, Premier or Enterprise.
Multiple Appearance of QuickBooks Script Error
- Script Error
- Error in Script
- Script error line #### character ## object ####
Screenshots of Script Error in QuickBooks
Causes of QuickBooks Internet Explorer Script Error
QuickBooks script error at startup of establishing a connection with web-based sources to download information can occur due to various reasons. They are as follow:
- Script processing functions are disabled/blocked
- Malware/Spyware or infection in your system
- Any changes made to the system prior to the occurrence of script error
- Getting intermittent script error with one website
- Script plugin or software is damaged i.e. JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, etc
- The download data from the web source is incompatible with script software format
- Default browsers cache folder is full or corrupted
- Active X components damaged or missing
- Script debugging feature is enabled
- A firewall or third party application is blocking the script function
- QuickBooks data file is damaged
- Windows user is corrupted or damaged
How to Fix/Resolve QuickBooks Script Error
There are various causes of script error in QuickBooks. Perform different troubleshooting steps provided until you figure out the root cause and reach the resolution. The following troubleshooting steps for script error in QuickBooks are as follow:-
Solution 1: Clear Cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select tools
- Click on Internet options & then the general tab
- Click on the Delete option under browsing history
- Checkmark all the options like cookies, history & temporary internet files
- Click on apply and then ok
Solution 2: Disable add-ons on Microsoft Internet Explorer or your default browser
- Open IE
- Go to tools
- Select Internet options
- Choose programs tab
- Click on manage add-ons
- Select the disable add-ons function & click ok
Solution 3: Reset your default browser or Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click on Reset to default and click on apply & Ok
Solution 4: In case you want to add the web source to a trusted site add the web source to the exception list in your browser.
- Open IExplorer
- Select Tools
- Go to Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Add *.intuit.com to trusted sites.
Operating System Files Check in Windows
- Open Command prompt
- Type SFC/SCANNOW to scan system files
Warning: This is a very long process and this function will take several minutes to run.
Disk error checking in Windows
- Go to Computer
- Right-click on the C:/ drive
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Under the Error-checking section, click the Check Now button.
Get in touch with software experts on QuickBooks helpline +1888-300-6790 for immediate technical assistance for script error.
Solution 5: Disable Script Debugging in your browser
- Go to Internet options in IE
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Scroll down below to two options (Disable Script debugging Internet Explorer & Disable script debugging other)
- Check them and click on apply & ok
Solution 6: Configure security settings of a default security application or third-party application
Any script blocking feature enabled in the default windows security application should be disabled. Configure the security application or get help from QuickBooks experts remotely.
Solution 7: Damaged Windows User
If your user in Windows is corrupted or damaged create a fresh new user with equal admin rights to stop getting script errors. This is only applicable if you are getting QuickBooks script error with every web source.
Solution 8: Re-install the plugin software
Maybe your script processing application is damaged. And you need to re-install or repair the software
- Locate the plugins installed in your control panel
- Reinstall all the plugins like JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, and .Net framework
Solution 9: Verify Active Scripting & Uninstall Active X
Active X controls are disabled in high-security level in Internet Explorer
- Open IE and go to Internet options
- Select tools and click on the Security tab
- Click on Default Level and click on Ok
Sometimes Active X is damaged which prevents the browser to display QuickBooks data. Uninstall the file to unblock access to your QuickBooks file.
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer
- Go to options in IE
- Click on Settings
- Click on View Objects
- Check all ActiveX files currently installed in your system
- Locate file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll
- Ensure you close all Internet Explorer running windows and delete the located files from the system
Solution 10: Repair your QuickBooks Data File
Repair your QuickBooks company file using QuickBooks file doctor. Download and install QuickBooks file doctor from the Official QuickBooks download page.
Get in touch with a QuickBooks support expert to help you fix QuickBooks script error
If the above-provided troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the script error in QuickBooks. Get immediate remote support assistance from technical experts on QuickBooks helpline +1888-300-6790.