QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 – Server Not Responding
When QuickBooks desktop users try to update their software or desktop payroll they may receive an error message saying that the QuickBooks server not responding – Error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file. In this support article, learn how to fix QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 – Server not responding in an intuitive manner.
Why is it important to fix QuickBooks Error 15215 – Server not Responding
Every application needs an update that is required to fix bugs and improve user experience. QuickBooks desktop takes maintenance release updates from time to time which is beneficial for running QuickBooks swiftly.
Snapshot of QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 – Server Not Responding
QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 message usually stops you from completing the latest QuickBooks payroll updates & QuickBooks desktop updates. The error gets stuck on the QuickBooks window.
It contains a universal troubleshooting step for QuickBooks Error 15215- QuickBooks server not responding. This solution recommends cleaning all junk files with disk cleanup. It also suggests rebooting the system & re-installing QuickBooks desktop.
Effects of QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215
QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 holds down the bookkeeping process in the QuickBooks desktop. It mainly affects the capability of the application. Which prevents QuickBooks desktop from updating and take maintenance release updates.
You may contact QuickBooks desktop error support experts to get help if you need an instant solution. Otherwise, you can follow this troubleshooting guide for server not responding error in QuickBooks.
What Users Assume When QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 Appears
In many cases, users are not aware that their system is connected to a bad internet connection or has no internet connection. They assume there is some problem with QuickBooks when the issue is with the Internet connection. Which is a very common factor that stops QuickBooks from completing its maintenance updates.
Causes of QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215
This error can show up in any version of QuickBooks desktop. No matter if it’s QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise. We have already talked about what is QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 & what are its effects.
Now let us talk about the causes of QuickBooks Error 15215 in detail:-
- You are not connected to the Internet or your internet connection is slow
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks desktop which has been discontinued
- Too many QuickBooks desktop installations in one single computer
- Too many QuickBooks windows are running at one time
- Your system resources cannot handle applications running on your computer
- Windows components are damaged
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 – Server Not Responding
Follow these different methods to fix QuickBooks error 15215.
Method #1: Check your Internet Connection
If you are running QuickBooks desktop on Windows 10
- Go to the Start button
- Click on Settings
- Choose Network & Internet & you will be able to see the status of your Network
If you are running QuickBooks desktop on Windows 7
- Go to Start
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Network & Internet
- Choose Network & Sharing Center
- On the left aligned options click on Manage network connections
- Right-click on Local Area Connection
- Select Status to check the internet status
Method #2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub To fix QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215
QuickBooks tool hub consists of various QuickBooks repair features. These features are used to Repair QuickBooks errors automatically. Download & Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix update error 15215. Here is how you can do it:-
Step 1: Download & Install Latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub
Steps to download & install the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub for QuickBooks desktop 2020 in Windows 10
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the support site
- End all QuickBooks programs & services from the task manager
- Launch the downloaded file for tool hub i.e. QuickBookstoolhub.exe
- Choose all the positive on-screen instructions to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 2: Use Quick Fix Feature in QuickBooks Tool Hub
After installing the QuickBooks tool hub. Run Quick Fix my program feature inside tool hub to eliminate QuickBooks server not responding error. Here is how you can do it:-
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Click on Program Problems
- Select Quick Fix My Program
- Let the scan begin and finish automatic error repair
- Once the repair utility function is completed
- Open QuickBooks desktop & check if you are still seeing error 15215 or the server not responding.
Method #3- Use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Download & Use QuickBooks component repair tool to fix components creating trouble while downloading QuickBooks updates or payroll updates.
Method #4 – Uninstall Unwanted QuickBooks desktop installations on your system
Being an old QuickBooks desktop user. Users tend to forget to uninstall the older version of QuickBooks desktop from their computer. For example: if you upgraded from QuickBooks desktop 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018 to QuickBooks desktop 2020 and forgot to uninstall the older version when using new. Uninstall older versions of QuickBooks desktop and check if you still see QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts to Fix QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215: Server not Responding
In case you are unable to fix this error using methods provided in this guide. Contact QuickBooks desktop support experts and get instant help for QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.