With different types of QuickBooks license to choose from, the first step any business must take is to understand their requirements from QuickBooks. With this in mind, you can choose a license suitable for the scale and type of business you conduct. But this is not all, QuickBooks has a lot of additional costs which are not a part of your license.
Additional tools needed to run your business smoothly must be paid for separately. This is the reason why a clear analysis of your business needs can help you identify the total amount of money that you must set aside for QuickBooks.
QuickBooks License Data
There are several solutions offered by QuickBooks for business owners, and self-employed professionals looking for a robust accounting software program. You can choose from storing your QuickBooks data in the cloud and accessing it anytime online, or you can use QuickBooks desktop solutions, which will work through the computers on which you have installed the program and entered the QuickBooks license data.
Here’s some information on licensing problems or questions that you may have about QuickBooks license:
Where can I buy a QuickBooks License Online?
The official website for buying QuickBooks products is https://quickbooks.intuit.com. Other places to buy the software are Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Staples, and OfficeMax. You can look up these websites or visit the stores and compare the prices or find a store that is running a discount before you make the purchase.
QuickBooks usually has a discount on its official website, or it may be running some promotional offers for new buyers. You can buy a QuickBooks license from any of these places.
If you purchase an online subscription of the program, then you will not receive a software license number. Instead, you will only have to sign in using the username and password used for buying the subscription.
It is ideal to purchase the latest version of QuickBooks to ensure that you can easily upgrade in the future and enjoy the benefits of the features available in the latest version.
Many QuickBooks users may choose not to upgrade and may continue using an old version. While this is absolutely fine and you may not upgrade regularly either, it is best to invest in the latest version when you decide to make your purchase for the first time.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier desktop license will offer support for 3 years after which QuickBooks will withdraw support. You can upgrade to the next version (this will involve a cost based on the version of QuickBooks you are using), and enjoy support once again from QuickBooks. QuickBooks technical support usually involves additional cost for QuickBooks Premier and Pro customers.
How to find QuickBooks License number
You can find your QuickBooks license number in any of the following ways:
Through the software program
Open QuickBooks Desktop (applicable for Premier Pro and Enterprise). Press the F2 key and you will see the product information window pop up on your screen. The License number will be mentioned in full along with other details like the product number, version, and release information.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks?
If you are currently running an old version and would like to switch to the latest version of QuickBooks, you must purchase the new version of the software. This upgrade can be done at any time you want.
QuickBooks usually rolls out the new version in October or November. It is ideal to wait for the new version to be released for the year before you switch to the latest version. As a result, you get to benefit from the latest features.
Fixing QuickBooks Licensing Errors – QuickBooks could not load license data
QuickBooks licensing errors mostly occur because of problems in the files which contain details regarding your QuickBooks registration. So, the best way to solve a problem related to QuickBooks licensing is to delete the Entitlement file and run the QuickBooks software again to follow the registration process. This solution works well for most licensing errors including errors where QuickBooks could not load license data.
Note: You must make sure that you have the license number for the product with you because deleting the entitlement file will delete the license number. Obtain your license number and keep it handy to complete the registration process immediately after the entitlement file is deleted.
QuickBooks has a proprietary tool that aims to fix many known errors or problems. It is known as the QuickBooks Tools Hub. Using this tool, you can fix a number of licensing problems and errors.
Since damaged MSXML files can cause licensing problems, the tool can repair such files. If the tool is unable to fix the problem, then you must delete the entitlement file and reregister your copy of QuickBooks.
- Automatically fixing licensing problems using QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close all QuickBooks programs on your computer.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from the official QuickBooks website. Make sure the file is downloaded on a location you can easily access like the desktop or your downloads folder.
- Open the downloaded file and complete the installation process by following the prompts on your screen.
- Double click on the Quick Books tool Hub icon on your desktop to open the tool hub. If you do not see it on the desktop, then run a search for the tool to open it.
- Choose Installation issues as your problem and click on 3371 error fix. Click on OK to confirm your selection.
- It will take some time to go through the files and make necessary changes to ensure your program works fine. Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub fixes the problem, start QuickBooks, and open the data file. Check if the problem is fixed.
- Manually Delete the Entitlement File
Like we said earlier, most problems related to licensing are rooted in a corrupt or damaged entitlement file. By manually deleting the file, you remove registration and licensing details for the software you are using. As a result, you will be required to enter these details again when you open your copy of QuickBooks.
- Close all QuickBooks programs on your desktop
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer and type ‘Run’ on the search bar. Open Run (looks like a small box to enter your Run command)
- Type or copy and paste the following:
- Then hit Enter to open the folder. If it does not open, then enter the following in the Run box:
- Look for the file which says ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’.
- Right-click on this file and select delete. Confirm your action to delete the file.
- With the entitlement file deleted, open QuickBooks and register the product once again. Check if the problem has been resolved.
Some of the common QuickBooks License errors which can be solved using these two solutions are:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to an accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- QuickBooks cannot load the license data
‘QuickBooks Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties’ is commonly seen by users who are trying to clone their hard drive in order to switch to a new or different computer. It is possible that the process of cloning may have damaged or corrupted the entitlement file which in turn led to the error.
It is ideal to backup your company file before you decide to clone the hard drive. This way your data will be safe and once QuickBooks is up and running again, you can restore the backed up files and get back to working on QuickBooks as usual.
You can use these solutions to solve any other type of licensing or registration and validation error that shows up on your screen for QuickBooks. If QuickBooks license error persists, then you must contact QuickBooks support for further help with the problem. It is also very important that you check to make sure that you are entering the correct QuickBooks license number. Check the number twice to ensure that you have not got it wrong. Any mistakes in entering the license number will automatically prevent you from completing the registration process.
QuickBooks License/Product Number FAQ’s
How to Find QuickBooks License number
Press the F2 key and you will see the product information window pop up on your screen. The License number will be mentioned in full along with other details like the product number, version, and release information.
How to find license and product number for QuickBooks
Get in touch with support on +1888-300-6790 to get all relevant information about your QuickBooks license data.