In a bunch of QuickBooks installation errors, Error 1712 in QuickBooks desktop befalls while installing QuickBooks on desktop. As this error appears on the screen users require technical supervision to get rid of QuickBooks install error 1712. It appears to a user like:-
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. QuickBooks Error 1712. One or more of the files are required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Install Error 1712 in QuickBooks While Installation
During the installation, QuickBooks error 1712 pops up on the screen due to various reasons. One of the most common reasons is that there are some files missing from the Operating system components.
If there are components missing in your OS files then it affects the performance and functionality of the application. Other than windows component files there can be other causes of this error:-
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712 while installing QuickBooks desktop
- Missing components of Windows/OS files
- Windows Registry files corrupted
- QuickBooks Installer is damaged
- Multiple QuickBooks Installations on computer
- Third-party application conflicting with QuickBooks Install
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712 while installing QuickBooks
When it comes to troubleshooting the error 1712 there are different methods to treat the error. It depends upon the cause of the error. Follow the instructions provided below to eliminate the error:-
Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Repair Error 1712
Before installing the QuickBooks tool hub make sure all QuickBooks windows are entirely closed. Click on the link to start downloading QuickBooks tool hub:- https://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBFDT/QuickBooksToolHub.exe
Once the file is downloaded follow these instructions:
- Locate the downloaded file in your downloads folder
- Launch the file by double-clicking on it
- Once the installation starts, tap on all positive instructions to finish the installation
- After install, open the QuickBooks tool hub icon on the desktop or search QuickBooks tool hub in the windows search
- Locate option Program Propertied in the tool hub screen
- Choose Quick fix my program
- It will take a while to scan and fix the error by tool hub
- Once the Quick fix process is finished retry installing QuickBooks on the computer & see if the error is resolved or not
Add a new user with Administrative Rights
By running QuickBooks installation on a user with administrative rights can get rid of error 1712 in QuickBooks.
- Go to the start button
- Click on the control panel
- Locate & Click on Users & Groups
- Select Add new user
- Choose full administrative rights and click on finish
- Try installing QuickBooks again to see if the error still persists
If running QuickBooks desktop on multi-user mode. QuickBooks database server manager automatically creates a new user, you need to give admin rights to the user to run in multi-user mode.
- Go to Windows Start
- Click on Control Panel
- Select User Accounts
- Locate QBDataServiceUserXX (XX denotes the version like 29 for 2019, 30 for QuickBooks 2020)
- Click on change account type and choose the administrator option
- Save and Retry installing QuickBooks
End all background process to eliminate the error 1712
- When you come across the error, go to the task manager
- Check whether there are other processes running in the background
- If yes then terminate the process to get rid of error 1712 and continue the installation
Set Registry Files to default if modified
- Open C Drive or the drive where program files are setup
- Right-click on c-drive and go to properties
- Click on the Security
- Click on Advanced option
- Select Change permissions option
- Click on the Add button
- Choose Select a principal
- Select the locations button and select the local computer
- Attach All Applications Packages group name & select ok
- Type = allow & Applies to = This folder, subfolder, & files.
- Check Read & Execute List folder contents & Read.
- Check the box Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permission entries
- Select Apply & OK.
- Do the same for c:\Windows
- Do the same for c:\Users but grant the “All Application Packages” group Full Control.
- Select Apply and Ok.
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool To get rid of QuickBooks error 1712
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Save the File when prompted
- Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to detect errors in your QuickBooks
- Make sure QuickBooks and all background applications are closed
- Tool Installation time depends upon system configuration and performance
- Restart the computer after installation of the Quickbooks diagnostic tool to ensure correct installation
- You need to re-register or reactivate your QuickBooks after installing this QuickBooks component repair tool
Contact Our Service Desk to Repair QuickBooks Install Error 1712
If the above-provided troubleshooting steps don’t work get in touch with our service desk expert to help you resolve the error. You can reach out to our support representative on QuickBooks 24/7 support number +1888-300-6790. Get connected remotely and get your error fixed quickly & easily.