What is the cause of QuickBooks error code (-6189), (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005) in QuickBooks?
When Users try open a company file, they get an error code (-6189), (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005). These issues can be caused by:
- Different transaction log files (.TLG). Such as a.TLG file that is much older than the company file that you are trying to open.
- Limited permissions for the users of Windows, QBDataServiceUserXX.
- You seek to open a company file in the not suitable version of QuickBooks Desktop. Such as, opening a QuickBooks 2015 company file in QuickBooks 2014.
- Maybe the company file is damaged or corrupted.
How to troubleshoot these errors:
The issue, which is causing this error, may have been settled in the latest offering for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Update your copy of QuickBooks to the recent version, and then try to open or create the company file once again.
If you are re-opening and updating the QuickBooks and it doesn’t fix the issue, QuickBooks support suggests two solutions for this error. The first solution may fix your QuickBooks problem, or you may need to try both to settle the issue.
Solution 1 – Download the QuickBooks tool of Doctor File. Install and run it. If the issue continues, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Manually fix the Error of -6189, XX.
- First, Rename the log file transaction:
- Open the Computer window; just press Win + E on your keyboard.
- Go to the folder which contains your company file.
- Find the transaction log file. It will be in the same name as your company file, but with an extension of.TLG.
- Rename the Transaction log file.
- Enter a different name, such as company file OLD.tlg
- Open QuickBooks, a new transaction log file will automatically create.
- If the error repeat, make sure that the data is not encrypted:
- Select the properties, in the Windows Explorer.
- Click on the General Tab.
- Choose Attributes, and then press on Advanced.
- If the Encrypt contents to secure data is selected, the file is encrypted. Clear the checkbox and press on OK.
- Copy the file, paste it on a desktop. If it opens, then the location of the file is damaged.
- If other users can sign in successfully, then troubleshoot the corrupted data.
If any of the solutions don’t work, contact QuickBooks support. It provides 24/7 support services, to fix the issues of QuickBooks users and gives the finest solution to user’s queries. Dial QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-650-265-1773.