Every day new businesses are being started and many are being closed down as well. The difference between a successful and unsuccessful business is the proper management of the company. Managing any company becomes difficult on a regular basis.
As customers grow, you also grow. Your sales increase, which in turn increases the purchases, debtors, and creditors. Everything is connected in finance, and you will need to keep track of all the data. Having the proper data at your disposal can make or break your company. It will help in unforeseen circumstances and put you in a position to grab any opportunity that comes by you.
To help companies in their data management, various software tools have been developed. These are called Financial Accounting Software. They help in the smooth functioning of the business. One of the best such software tools is QuickBooks.
What is Quickbooks Desktop & QuickBooks Error 6150?
Quickbooks is a Financial Accounting Software developed by the US Company Intuit. The software was released in the early 2000s. They are the market leaders in this software with almost 7 million subscribers worldwide. It is available for all different kinds of companies like retail, construction, charities, not for profit organizations, etc. It can be customized according to the requirements of the company.
While the software is here to save the day and helps ease our operations, it comes with a fair share of problems of its own. The biggest issue with any software is errors and bugs. It also has the risk of being attacked by a virus and your data being stolen.
If any software has a lot of errors, it becomes almost impossible to use it. Now, all the operations of companies are dependent on software. If they fail at any point, it can bring any company to a standstill. This can result in huge losses to the companies. So, it is important to address these issues as quickly as possible.
Also, if an error is very persistent, it can frustrate the employees and slow down the work speed. Overall, the efficiency of a company is affected. This is why software companies regularly update their software to fix any issues and protect them from any virus attacks.
Even Quickbooks can be prone to errors. No computer software in the world is error-free. It is how easily and how fast a company can resolve the issue determines the success of any company.
What is Quickbooks Error 6150?
Quickbooks Error 6150 occurs when a Quickbooks user is trying to create, open, or use Quickbooks company file but is unable to open the file. The error message that you get is “An error occurred when Quickbooks tried to create, open or use the company file. Please try again later.” The error code belongs to the error code 6000 series.
Why Does Quickbooks Error 6150 Appear On The Screen?
Any error does not appear on its own. There could be some issues in the software or your PC that may cause this error. Following are the reasons why you may get QuickBooks error 6150 on your Quickbooks:
- The company file with extension QBW which you are trying to open is damaged.
- If Quickbooks is not installed properly, it is corrupt or incomplete
- If you have made a mistake in the spelling of the name of the file
- When you are trying to save a Quickbooks Mac file on Windows OS
- If you have any virus, then also you can get this error
- If someone tries to open a portable file and Quickbooks Desktop is not open
What Are The Symptoms For Quickbooks Error 6150?
There are some symptoms to determine this error. Let’s look at some of them:
- The error crashes any active window
- Your PC crashes whenever you try to open the same file
- You get the error message on your screen with the error number
- Your PC performance is affected, and it becomes slower
How to fix Quickbooks Error 6150?
There is no need to worry as every error can be fixed even without an expert. Let’s see how we can fix this issue. There are multiple ways to fix this issue:
Solution 1: Use the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool to repair QuickBooks error 6150
Quickbooks doctor file is software by Intuit. It helps users fix any errors that they may face. It can be used to fix this error also. Let’s see how we can fix this error with the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Firstly, you need to download Quickbooks File doctor.
- Install it and run it.
- Select the company file you are facing the issue with.
- After selecting the company file, select “check file damage option” and click on “diagnose file”.
- If you see that your company file is damaged, click on option 1.
- After selecting the option you want, you will have to enter the Company File admin Password. Then click on next.
- Select the workstation option if you are running the program on the computer of the client. Select Yes and move ahead.
- Now Quickbooks File Doctor will start diagnosing the company file. This might take a few minutes.
- Wait until the diagnosis is over. The time taken for this varies. It depends on the size of the file on how big it is.
This should fix any issue. If you still face this issue, try the next option.
Solution 2: Try Opening the Company File from a Different Location
If you are able to open the company file from a different location, it means the location where the file is saved currently is damaged. This needs to be repaired. To repair this:
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Move the company file into this new folder.
- Now, move the file back to its original location.
Now, try opening the file and see if the error is fixed or not. If this doesn’t work, take a look at the next solution.
Solution 3: Creating a Fresh, New Quickbooks File
You can get rid of this error by creating a new Quickbooks file. The following steps will help you do that:
- Open Quickbooks desktop. Then, navigate to “no company” open window. From there, create a new file.
- After the first step, open the Quickbooks setup window. Now, enter the required information.
- Now, select to create a company.
This should fix your error. If the error is still there, look at the next solution.
Solution 4: Use Auto Data Recovery Tool
You can also use Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to fix this error. This tool recovers the lost transactions by using current transaction log files and a copy of the company file. The complete data that has been lost can be recovered except for transactions that happened in the last hours.
There are some limitations of this tool like:
- Auto Data Recovery Tool works only with few versions of Quickbooks. It supports Quickbooks Pro, Premier, and enterprise only.
- It cannot work with Quickbooks Accountant.
- If the file size is large, it won’t be able to restore the data. It can only work with a file that is under 1.5GB.
- You need to have the latest version of Quickbooks downloaded.
Solution 5: Simple Steps
Sometimes these issues can be fixed with some easy steps we might miss. Try to restart your PC and see if it works. Also, see if the Quickbooks software that you have is updated to the latest version as older versions can cause problems.
How to Contact Quickbooks Support to fix QuickBooks Error 6150?
There are other ways also in which you can get support for the error. Quickbooks has a user base of almost 7 million users worldwide. This allows them to have a huge online community. Quickbooks has a dedicated online community page. People from around the world post about their issues and there are other people who respond to this.
You can post your error there or search if someone had that error there. You can see how they got those errors fixed. Also, Quickbooks professional team also comments on issues and how to fix them. So, this also provides a huge opportunity to resolve your issues.
Apart from this, there are Quickbooks Webinars and tutorials wherein you can learn how to fix issues. These are provided by Quickbooks professionals.
Are you still stuck with QuickBooks Error 6150?
We are a team of highly trained QuickBooks 24/7 support professionals. We have great experience in troubleshooting errors for various software. Our team is dedicated to providing the best services to our clients. If you are still facing this issue and cannot resolve it, you can get in touch with us. You can call us on our toll-free number +1888-300-6790 for support in resolving this problem.