QuickBooks Error 2107 – What Does it Mean and How to Solve It?
While working on QuickBooks, have you ever been disrupted by “QuickBooks error 2107” appearing on screen? If the problem simply confuses you, then you have landed on the right page. This is because we’ll be solving the mystery behind QuickBooks Error 2107 for you. QuickBooks is a popular software tool used for accounting by small and medium enterprises. With a tie, they have gained more than 4.5 million customers across the globe. In no way does that mean that it has never bothered their customers with error codes and software crashes.
So, let’s take a look at what this error 2107 is all about and how we, as regular users of the software, can also resolve it easily.
What Does the QuickBooks Error 2107 Indicate?
Accounting software is used for recording all kinds of transactions. As a user, you are aware that QuickBooks helps in making transactions too. With the help of its online banking integration feature, you can now make payments of any kind through the software.
QuickBooks Error 2107 occurs when you this feature to transfer your employee’s salary using direct deposit. To be more precise, when you try to download the payroll on the system while making a direct deposit, you’ll face this error.
If you haven’t subscribed for better versions of the payroll, then you are likely to face the error. However, it is not something that cannot be resolved.
There are various reasons why you may face this error and alternate ways of solving the problem. Let’s first dig into the causes and symptoms of the error.
What Causes the Error Code 2107 in QuickBooks?
Mostly, the error will occur due to a problem in the software only. An impact of your operating system might also be there, but no matter what the root cause is, there will be some connection to your software.
So, the following are the reasons why QuickBooks error 2107 appears on your screen:
Installation issues: If you haven’t installed QuickBooks properly in the first place, a lot of errors are bound to take place, 2107 being one of them. The proper installation refers to a complete installation that has not been corrupted.
Deletion of files: We keep erasing data from our system from time to time. When it comes to QuickBooks, we may fail to realize that some of the files are necessary for the smooth functioning of the software. The deletion of certain QuickBooks files can lead to error 2107.
Virus: If your PC or software has been attacked by a virus or any other malware, it can lead to several problems. This may directly or indirectly cause QuickBooks error code 2107.
Deletion of records: Both files and records of QuickBooks need to be there for the smooth functioning of the software. It may be a virus or a human error that can lead to the removal of QuickBooks records. This deletion will lead to errors.
Corrupted QuickBooks files: Sometimes, when we download files from the software, we fail to notice if it is safe or corrupted. No matter what the reason behind that maybe, if your QuickBooks files are downloaded in a corrupted format or have been corrupted later, error 2107 occurs.
Corruption with Registry on Windows: QuickBooks is a software that is registered on Windows during purchase. Now, with upgradations, sometimes changes are made in the entire software. This may sometimes lead to the corruption of its registry on windows leading to errors like 2107.
How do You Understand That You’re Facing QuickBooks Error 2107?
Errors in the software are like a disease in the human body. Just as a disease has its symptoms that you can observe by yourself, an error in software or machine can also be figured out. If you look at any of the following happenings, just understand you’re facing QuickBooks Error 2107:
- First, you’ll see that your mouse and keyboard input slow down.
- Next, your window and software will start hanging.
- The above two will make your operating system slow down too.
After a while, the screen shows up “Error 2107” and then the window crashes.
- The above crash of the software may also lead to the crashing of Windows. Usually, the software and the system crash together.
- Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 2107
- We know what the problem is and why it is taking place. That’s the basic theory that doesn’t solve our problem when in the middle of some important work. You can’t stop your employee’s payroll just for an error.
4 Easy Methods to Repair QuickBooks Error 2107
So, here are 4 extremely simple solutions that you can easily follow to resolve your Error 2107 in QuickBooks desktop:
Procedure No. 1: Go to the System File Checker
This procedure is mostly followed when the error occurs due to corrupted files. The System File Checker is a tool that scans corrupted files, corrects them, and restores them to your Windows operating system. To run the system file checker, you need to follow the following steps:
- In the start menu, type “command” on the search box.
- Instead of pressing Enter, press CTRL + Shift on your keyboard.
- You’ll see a dialogue box appearing where you need to click “Yes”.
- Next, you’ll see a black box opening with a blinking cursor.
- You need to type or paste “sfc/scannow” and press Enter.
- This enables the System File Checker to scan for corrupted files on your machine.
- You’ll be given instructions by the tool on the screen, which you need to follow for completion of the process.
Procedure No. 2: Check Your Windows Registry
Corruption of the Windows registry is one of the causes of error 2107 and has a separate solution for it. Following are the steps to be followed for correcting windows registry:
- Again, on the search menu, type “command” on the search box without pressing Enter.
- Press CTRL + Shift followed by pressing Enter on your keyboard to see a dialogue box appear.
- As you click on Yes, a black box with a blinking cursor will open.
- Here, you need to type or paste “Regedit” and press Enter.
- Go to Error 2107 and click on “Export” in the File menu. This takes you to the Registry Editor.
- You’ll find the QuickBooks backup key, which you need to save as “QuickBooks Backup”.
- The file domain has to be “.reg”.
- As you get the backup registry of QuickBooks, your problem gets solved.
Procedure No. 3: Check for Windows Updates and Changes
This is a cause connected to your PC but affects QuickBooks too. Not updating Windows can lead to the other causes of error 2107, and thus, it needs to be checked. Here’s how you rectify this:
- Go to the start menu and type or paste “Update” in the search box.
- Upon pressing Enter, you’ll get a Windows Update dialogue box on the screen.
- If an update is available, click on “Install Update”.
Procedure No. 4: Go to Windows System Restore
Sometimes, problems work the other way around when changes are made in the system. These system changes need to be reversed so that your problem is solved. Here are the exact steps to follow for solving the problem efficiently:
- Go to the start menu and press Windows + R to open the Run search box.
- Type or paste “System Restore” in this run box.
- Press on “Select System Restore”.
- You’ll be asked to enter the Administrative Password, which you need to
- The Wizard support will guide you with a set of instructions that you need to follow.
- Upon completion, restart your machine.
- Once your computer reopens, open QuickBooks and check if it is running properly or not.
QuickBooks Error 2107 Miscellaneous
QuickBooks Error 2107 is truly a problem that doesn’t allow you direct deposits when transferring salary to your employees. The above 4 solutions can be followed by any individual. If you can detect the root cause of your problem, it is easy for you to identify how to fix the error.
However, if you’re unable to identify the root cause, you can start by checking your Windows updates, followed by the registry. If an update is not available, perhaps you need to reverse some changes or rectify the registry. The first procedure caters to corrupted files and is the ultimate solution to QuickBooks error 2107.
Do you feel ready to fix errors on QuickBooks in the future?
Give in your comments and queries to know more, we’ll be happy to serve you on via QuickBooks phone/chat support.