What is QuickBooks Error 1601?
QuickBooks error 1601 occurs when users are installing QuickBooks desktop or doing QuickBooks update. QuickBooks error 1601 is caused by a damaged Microsoft Windows Installer or by a damaged QuickBooks Desktop installation. In this article, we are going to help QuickBooks users resolve QuickBooks error 1601. Usually, Error 1601 appears to users as:-
QuickBooks Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
Root Causes to QuickBooks Error 1601
- QuickBooks not installed correctly
- Damaged QuickBooks Installer
- Damaged Microsoft windows installer
- Windows not updated
- System configuration issues
- QuickBooks setup/CD damaged
Screenshot of QuickBooks Error 1601 by Windows Installer
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1601
There are different causes that can cause QuickBooks error 1601 in QuickBooks desktop. Try & perform the troubleshooting steps from this repair guide to successfully remove error 1601.
Solution:1 – QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is created to automatically diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- Save the downloaded File to the desktop
- Open QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- Select all positive options to initiate the repair process & complete the troubleshooting by QBinstall tool
- After the tool finishes the repair process, restart the system.
- Check whether QuickBooks error 1601 still persists, If yes move on to the next solution
Solution 2: Windows Update
- Press the Windows key
- Type Windows Update
- Then, Select Check for Updates
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your system
- Download & Install QuickBooks setup from the QuickBooks desktop download site
Contact Support to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1601
If QuickBooks error 1601 still persists after performing the troubleshooting steps. Get in touch with QuickBooks technical support by dialing QuickBooks support phone number +1-650-265-1773. Get error 1601 resolve instantly via secure remote support by QuickBooks helpdesk.