What is QuickBooks Error 15240?
While updating QuickBooks desktop or downloading the latest payroll update. The user may come across QuickBooks error 15240. QuickBooks error 15240 usually occurs due to Internet Explorer security settings or misconfiguration of Firewall settings. A common root cause to error 15240 is incorrect data & time settings in the system.
QuickBooks error 15240 may appear to users as:
- QuickBooks Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully
- QuickBooks Error 15240- File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- QuickBooks Error 15240- Internet connection error: unknown error
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240
- Incorrect date & time in the system
- QuickBooks not installed correctly
- QuickBooks not running as administrator
- Payroll subscription expired
- Internet Explorer Security misconfiguration
- Windows files permission problem
- Firewall Settings configuration
- Windows file damaged
- QuickBooks company file damaged
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240?
Due to different causes to QuickBooks error 15240, there are different troubleshooting methods to resolve the error 15240. Follow and perform the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
Verify Internet Explorer Setting to Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
- Open IE
- Go to Internet Options
- Go to Advanced Tab & Under Security option
- Check use SSL2.0 & SSL3.0
- Click on apply and Ok
Run QuickBooks as an Administrator to resolve Quickbooks Error 15240
Locate the QuickBooks icon on your desktop. Right-click on the icon and select run as an administrator option.
Ensure Firewall Configuration to Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
- Open Windows Firewall
- Go to Advanced Settings
- Right-click on Inbound Rules
- Choose New Rule
- Select QuickBooks & Next
- Select This Program Path
- Browse & Ensure these files are given access to go through your firewall
- Choose to Allow the Connection
- Click on Next
- Enter the rule name as per your wish & Select Finish
Configure Windows Permission to Installation Folders to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
- Close all running QuickBooks windows
- Go to C drive on your system and locate program files(X86)
- Browse to Intuit folder, right-click and select properties
- Go to security and select advanced tab
- Ensure that the owner of the folder is User Group
- To setup User group as owner, connect with technical support to help you out
Contact Support To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
If above-mentioned steps do not help you resolve QuickBooks error 15240. Get in touch with the technical support team of QuickBooks to resolve the error for you. You can reach QuickBooks technical support on QuickBooks support phone number +1-650-265-1773.