QuickBooks Error 15102: Failed to reset update
A very common QuickBooks error while updating payroll in QuickBooks desktop. When QuickBooks users are trying to download payroll or updating QuickBooks desktop payroll, they see a warning message on the screen i.e. QuickBooks Error 15102: Failed to Reset Update. QuickBooks Payroll errors can be annoying at times if you are not very tech savvy, it can take up to hours if you try to resolve it on your own. To get quick Solution for critical QuickBooks error codes, reach out to QuickBooks technical experts on Quickbooks error support phone number +1800-316-0126.
Possibilities that can cause Payroll Error 15102 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks users have switched on shared download but the download folder is not accessible or invalid
- Your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release, check your version by pressing the f2 key when QuickBooks window is open.
- You are running QuickBooks desktop in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode
- Windows Vista Users: You are not logged on to the system as an administrator
Get In Touch with Intuit QuickBooks Expert to Solve QuickBooks Error 15102
Troubleshooting Steps QuickBooks Error 15102
Solution 1: If you are using an older version of QuickBooks
Update your QuickBooks desktop to the latest release & download the latest tax tables, then restart the system
Solution 2: Verify the shared download folder or the mapped file location is correct
- Open QuickBooks application product information by pressing CTRL + 1, Locate the storage or shared folder for QB files and note it down.
- Go to Help> Update QuickBooks
- Select the options tab and verify that the information in the download location is correct.
- Download Location drive should be the same drive as product information if SHARED DOWNLOAD is set to yes.
- The directory in the download location is same as QuickBooks desktop installation directory if SHARED DOWNLOAD is set to no.
- If the Download Location is incorrect
- Select Yes if Shared download is set to No
- Select No if Shared Download is set to Yes
- Select Close and Download the tax table or update your payroll.
Solution 3: If the Download Location is correct, remap the drive to a new letter
- Close your company file in QB desktop
- Remap your drive to a new letter
- Using the new mapped drive, open your company file
- Go to Help> Update QuickBooks, select Options tab
- Switch off and on the Shared Download option
- Confirm that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter
- Select Save > Close
- Download the recently launched tax tables again
If you continue to have issues like QuickBooks Error 15102, Call QuickBooks Support For Help
Reach out to our tech support agents on QuickBooks tollfree helpline number +1800-316-0126. We provide Instant QuickBooks error resolution services via secure remote support. Our QuickBooks experts are available round the clock to serve customers with various QuickBooks support services.