QuickBooks Error 1317 While Installing QuickBooks
QuickBooks is believed to be one of the finest accounting software developed and marketed by Intuit. It helps small and medium-sized businesses to manage their sales, accounting, and finances effectively. You can either buy it or subscribe to it. After using it for a time, then comes the problem. QuickBooks error 1317 is one of the installation errors that arrives at the time of creating or adding a new directory or installing QuickBooks desktop.
It’s simple to use and its features make it one of the most famous accounting software to date. It can be used to pay bills, prepare for taxes, invoice customers, and generate reports. With every new version, it’s getting better and better with new features and tools. Intuit claims that there are around 215,000 QuickBooks users. It seems like QuickBooks dominates the SMB accounting software market.
QuickBooks Install Errors like Error 1317
We all know that things (even humans) break sometimes. So, it implies on QuickBooks too. There are many different types of errors in QuickBooks software. You may face some of them. A few of them are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks crashing
- Install errors
- Network errors
- QuickBooks script error
- Company file issues
- Pdf and printing errors
- QuickBooks error code H505
- QuickBooks error code 6000
- QuickBooks error code H201 in Windows Server
- QuickBooks error code 404
- QuickBooks error code 3371
- QuickBooks Error 61686
Some of them can be fixed by the QuickBooks tool hub, which you can download and install from QuickBooks’ official site.
QuickBooks Error 1317 Overview
Now we are going to discuss this specific QuickBooks Error 1317. It’s one of the common problems frequently faced by users. It’s better to remove this error as quickly as you can to run QuickBooks smoothly. We are going to discuss the causes of this error and its solution.
QuickBooks Error 1317 is classified under installation error in QuickBooks that appears while creating a directory. You will receive the following error message on your screen.
Error: “1317: An error occurred while creating a directory [directory]”
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1317
There are many causes of this error, few of them are mentioned below:
- Interference of third-party applications with QuickBooks
- An unexpected change in the Windows registry after the reboot of the system
- You do not have permission to access the software
- Corrupt or missing system files
- Malware or virus attack
- Hardware/Ram decline
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1317 (5 Working Solutions to Fix the Error)
You can try any of the solutions given below; we hope they are going to be fruitful.
Solution 1: QuickBooks tool hub and diagnostic tool
- Shutdown QuickBooks
- Download and save the QuickBooks Tool Hub, which can be found on their official site
- Now open the download file, which will be QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Just follow the steps shown on the screen to install
- Tick Agree to the terms and conditions
- When the installation ends, there will be a new icon on your Windows desktop
- Double click on that to open the tool hub
- When it opens, click on Installation issues
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Let it run, it may take up to 20 mins
- When it ends, restart your system
- If it works now, bravo! Otherwise move to solution 2.
Solution 2: Changing Settings
- Restart your computer system
- As the “Administrator”, log in to your system
- Browse to the program path that you decide during the installation process
- Right-click on the “Program folder”
- Click on the option “Sharing and security” (Microsoft Windows XP) or “Properties” (Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8)
- Select the “Sharing” tab
- Then click “Permissions” (Windows XP) option or “Advanced Sharing” (Windows Vista, 7, 8) then on “Permissions”
- Select the username box or highlight “Everyone” from the Group
- Check the “Allow” box on the Full Control Line
- Now select the username box or highlight “SYSTEM” from the Group. Click on the “Allow” box on the Full Control Line
If the above two options are unavailable, then follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Add” option
- In the search bar, type the missing group (Everyone or SYSTEM)
- Click the “Check Names” option
- Select “OK”
- Then give the “Full Control” to this new group and click on the “OK” option
- Now click on the “Security” tab and select the “Advanced” button
- Go to the “Change Permissions” and then check on the box “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”.
- Click on “OK”
- Press the “Yes” option, when you receive a message “Do you wish to continue?”
- Click “OK”, to save the changes you made
We are hopeful that this is going to solve the issue. If it didn’t work, move on to the next given solution.
Solution 3: Windows update
Windows often solve the installations problems by itself if you update it.
- Read “how to manually update” articles on Microsoft site
- Update your windows version according to the steps
- Restart your system as updates finishes
- If you were able to initiate QuickBooks before the error, open QuickBooks and company file
- Otherwise, try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If it still doesn’t work, continue to solution 4.
Solution 4: Fixing Windows Components Manually
- You can try to repair specific Windows components, but for that, you should be an IT professional or Microsoft expert.
- You can try to repair the Microsoft MSXML or Microsoft .Net framework.
- If you can run QuickBooks, you’re good to go. Otherwise, move on to solution 5.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Safe Mode
- It might be possible that some third-party applications may be blocking installation, like antimalware type software.
- To avoid that, you can try to install QuickBooks Desktop while running the Safe Mode of windows
Resolve QuickBooks Error 1317 via secure remote support by QuickBooks Experts
We have mentioned five solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1317. Definity, one of them is going to solve your problem if you follow the solutions and step one by one. If you’re still having some issues, try reaching out to an IT professional or QuickBooks ProAdvisor’s support.
You can use the following toll-free support number for QuickBooks support– +1.650.385.8069