Stuck with QuickBooks Error Code 12029? Easily Fix The Error
Having trouble managing your business? Don’t worry, there are many others out there who are facing the same issue every day. The scale that every business has grown to is making it more and more difficult to manage them. Add to that the complying with government policies is also a task.
The increase in business activity has led to an increase in data requirements. Nowadays, all businesses run on laptops and computers. Those who aren’t are modernizing themselves.
These computers and laptops help record business transactions and store data with ease. However, as the business grows, it becomes a lot of time taking and repetitive.
This is where the advantage of using a computer comes in. There are various accounting software products that have been developed. They help in preparing accounting statements. It removes the need of doing the same work again and again. One such software is Quickbooks.
What Is Quickbooks Desktop?
As you now know, Quickbooks is accounting software for computers. It has been developed by the American company Intuit. They are the leading software provider for accounting software. They have a subscription base of around 7 million subscribers worldwide.
They provide the best software features and modest advanced features. Their software is customizable for many different kinds of industries and comes in various versions. The versions that they offer are Quickbooks Pro, Quickbooks Premier, and Quickbooks Enterprise. All these versions are specific for the scale of your business.
Quickbooks also provides the Quickbooks payroll software. This software helps in employee management and can be used to keep track of employee work and employee salary payment services.
Quickbooks has support for all different types of business as well. This makes them more unique. Quickbooks allows industry-specific reports also to be generated through the software.
While technology is helping us ease in doing business, it also has some drawbacks. So many times, we have seen errors in the software we use. There are compatibility issues, errors due to system changes, and many more.
The reliance of software in businesses has become so much that if these errors are not fixed quickly, it can lead to huge losses for any company. This can also frustrate the employees resulting in decreased efficiency of them.
However, Quickbooks also has its own software called Quickbooks File doctor and Quickbooks Tools Hub. You can download this software to fix any type of Quickbooks Error.
What Is Quickbooks Error Code 12029 & How to get rid of it?
One of the errors of Quickbooks is QuickBooks Error 12029. It is a very common error and is faced by a lot of people. This can frustrate anyone using the software. This error occurs when you are updating Quickbooks or when you are trying to update Quickbooks payroll service. Any error in Quickbooks can be resolved with some technical knowledge. This can be done by the user himself.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
The cause for the Quickbooks error 12029 can be divided into two categories. The categories are internal and external categories. It is very easy to fix this issue, which we will look at later on. Let’s look at the internal and external causes for QuickBooks Error 12029:
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- It can be that your internet security or the firewall you use could be blocking Quickbooks. It denies Quickbooks to access the server.
- If your SSL settings are wrong
- The internet browser you are using might not support Quickbooks
- Any packet loss in an internet connection can also cause this error
- If your network is timed out when downloading Quickbooks software can also cause this error
- Connectivity failure with Quickbooks can lead to the error
- Software update time out could also be one of the reasons
- Quickbooks is blocked from accessing Quickbooks server
- Firewall settings of your computer
How to fix Quickbooks Error Code 12029?
You can see these issues are not too complicated and can be fixed with ease. Let’s look at how we can fix these issues in different ways.
Method 1: Change Antivirus and Firewall Settings
Your antivirus or firewall might be preventing Quickbooks from updating. They can be changed easily to fix this issue. Just follow the following steps:
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Install QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now, run QuickBooks file doctor. It will automatically change the Windows firewall settings. It will also open the firewall ports by itself.
This should fix your error of firewall. Now, check if you are still getting the error.
Method 2: Configuring Your Internet Explorer Browser Settings
If you are getting this error due to your browser, you can make changes to your browser to fix them. Look at the following steps on how to fix them:
- The first step is to close the Quickbooks application and open Internet Explorer.
- Once internet explorer is opened, open tools
- From the Tools option select Security Tab
- After the security tab is opened, search for the globe symbol and click on the symbol
- Now, in this see if the security level is set to medium to high option
- After that, you need to look for the connections tab
- In the connections tab, you have to choose, never dial a connection option. If you are using a dial-up node, then make sure you select the correct ISP.
- Once this is done, select Ok and move on to the LAN settings
- Under this option, you need to look for the automatically detect settings option and select it
- Now, look for the proxy server checkbox. In this, enter the complete address and port
- Click on Ok and move to the advanced tab
- Here, select the Restore Advanced Settings
- Now, close internet explorer and reboot your PC
This should fix this error for your browser related problem.
Method 3: Checking Internet Connectivity
Sometimes you can get this error due to faulty internet connection. You can check your connection in the following way:
- Firstly, open internet explorer and launch google.com
- If you are able to access the page, continue to the next step
- If you are unable to access the site, check your internet connection setting.
- Make sure the date and time setting of your computer is correct
- Now, open Internet Explorer, click on tools, and from there select internet options
- After selection of internet options, you need to click on the Reset/Restore default option under the advanced tab
- Now, click on apply and OK
- After this, you need to update Quickbooks
This should fix your error.
Method 4: Local System & Internet Error
Any local system and internet error can be fixed in the following way:
- First, try and update your computer to the latest version
- Then, update QuickBooks to the latest version
- After all, updates are completed, you need to check the internet latency to see if there is any packet loss
- If everything is alright, you need to update internet explorer to the latest version
- Set internet explorer as the default browser
- Then, change SSL settings and make sure TLS1.2 is enabled
- Now, after these steps are completed, you need to configure the firewall and internet security settings of your PC
- Once all the steps are completed, reboot your PC
This should fix your error.
Method 5: Update Internet Connection setting
- Open Internet Explorer and select tools. From tools, select internet options
- Now, click on delete from the list in the general tab. Then, choose temporary internet files and click on delete once again.
- Now, you have to open the LAN settings available under the connections tab. From here, you need to verify if the automatically detect settings checkbox is checked.
- See if the proxy server field is blank and then press ok
- Once this is done, scroll down and checkmark the TLS1.2 checkbox
Still Unable to Fix Error Code 12029 in QuickBooks Desktop?
These methods should help you fix your issues with Quickbooks Error 12029. If you are still unable to fix your error and still affected by it, you can get in touch with us.
We have a team of experienced personnel who are available at your service anytime you want. We can help you with any type of error you are facing and not just this error. To get in touch with us, call us on our QuickBooks 24/7 support toll-free number +1.650.385.8069 for support in resolving this problem or any other problem.