QuickBooks Condense Data Error – QuickBooks Error 80004005
QuickBooks condense data error or QuickBooks Error 80004005 indicates that your Quickbooks company file is damaged moreover these are QuickBooks database errors. This error is encountered when QuickBooks users try to condense their company files to archive their data to save space or for compressing the company file size. Intuit recommends getting assisted by a certified QuickBooks expert in this scenario as this error code occurs due to company file damage when you tried condensing the QuickBooks company file.
The cause of damage to the file can be due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error 80004005 can be solved by Intuit data services tools where the QuickBooks company file will be scanned and repaired. Damaged files will be removed during the QuickBooks company file repair process. Contact the QuickBooks Data Services team on +1-650-385-8069 and get instant support for QuickBooks to condense data error.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 80004005, 80004003
QuickBooks Condense Data Error displays various error codes such as QuickBooks error code 80004005, 80004003. These codes signal to the company file repair in detail so that the user does not face company data loss in the future or in the condensing utility process. Solutions may also vary while troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 80004005, please keep in mind that you have a portable backup of your company file before trying the solution for QuickBooks Condense Data Error.
To get your QuickBooks working properly in this situation, let’s try performing some troubleshooting steps.
- Reboot your computer or database server
- Power flea your system
- Verify and Rebuild your QuickBooks company file using utility tools
- If that doesn’t work, make sure QuickBooks is configured properly and the computer that hosts the data file is working properly
- Repair your QuickBooks or perform a clean installation if required
How to verify and rebuild to fix QuickBooks Condense Data Error 80004005
- Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Go to file
- Select Utilities
- Choose the prompt to backup your company file
- Choose the verify option to verify that the company file is hosted properly
- then it will rebuild to fix the errors
- If verification detects any other error code then go to QuickBooks desktop support site to find out solutions for those errors