Fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer (Troubleshooting Guide)
QuickBooks database server manager (QBDBMGRN) in QuickBooks desktop is a necessary tool required for company file performance running in a network. QuickBooks database server manager is a must install in QuickBooks desktop where the company files are stored.
While synchronising data between users or admin and the database manager fails to function. Which leads to qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error.
QuickBooks database server manager is responsible for creating a network file i.e. (.nd file) in the host computer. If the user has installed multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop on his computer, qbdbmgrn is a must to install for each version.
What is qbdbmgrn not running on this computer server error?
In this blog, we will be talking about when qbdbmgrn not running on this computer, there are times when the QuickBooks database services stop and give this error.
The most common scenario is when the user tries to run the QuickBooks file doctor to repair the company file. QuickBooks file doctor comes up with the error.
Before we proceed to fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error, install & update the QuickBooks database server manager to overcome this error.
Causes of Error – QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
You may come across this issue when in QuickBooks desktop, qbdbmgrn stopped running on this computer. There can be numerous causes of this QuickBooks error. Some of them are:
- Firewall Blocks QuickBooks to access the internet
- Firewall not configured properly
- QuickBooks database server manager not updating
- QuickBooks database server manager installed incorrectly
- Third-party firewall software is blocking QuickBooks
- Problem with the Network file of QuickBooks
Fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer (Updated 2021)
Step #1 – qbdbmgrn not running on this computer
Make sure you have switched on the hosting for the server computer. Turning on hosting means you allow access to other computers from the main host computer.
- Go to the Control panel
- Go to User accounts
- Click on Administrative Tools
- Click on Services
- Search for QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, etc and go to file permissions & modify it accordingly
Step #2 – Configure the firewall to fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer
Set the firewall to open database ports for all Quickbooks desktop applications and tools. Configure firewall settings on both servers and other computers.
Also, make sure that you are able to ping the server with both IP and hostname on all the computers.
Allow firewall exceptions for your Quickbooks. Grant files access with your firewall on ports 80, 8019, 56725-56728, & 55363 through 55382 for incoming and outgoing traffic.
Step #3 – Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Download QuickBooks Desktop Latest release of the version
- Reboot the server after the patch is installed
- After the server gets updated you will get a message The company file needs to work with this version of QuickBooks
- There will be a prompt to create a backup of your company file, do not forget to backup your file as updates can affect current settings as well
- After the backup is complete you will be able to open your file
Contact Database Support to Fix QBDBMGRN Issues
QuickBooks database manager issues can be way more technical for QuickBooks users. If the troubleshooting steps provided do not work for you anyway. Get in touch with a professional to resolve your QBDBMgrN not running on this computer easily. Dial QuickBooks 24/7 support phone number +1-888-300-6790 for error assistance.