What is QuickBooks Error PS060?
QuickBooks error ps060 is a common payroll error that occurs when a user performs payroll operations in the QuickBooks application. The error message for this error code is “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable.” Though this QB error code is not harmful, it is not easy to fix the error either. Contact QuickBooks error support for instant support. Moreover, users will not be able to open QuickBooks until this payroll error gets fixed.
How does QuickBooks Error ps060 Occur?
Several reasons might cause this payroll error. They are as follow:-
- This QB error code may cause if Intuit’s server is down.
- The payroll error can arise if the payroll version is outdated. Intuit does not provide support to old versions of QB.
- This QuickBooks error code might also be seen when the third-party security application might block QB.
- Malware attack or malicious virus may cause the QuickBooks error ps060.
- To resolve this error, it is important to know the main reason behind the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code ps060?
Solution 1: Change the Billing & Subscription Settings
If this error ps060 is caused due to the billing & subscription setting, follow these steps to fix it –
- Open the “My Account” section
- Select the company where you want to do “Edits” or modifications
- Then go to the “Billing” section
- Click on the “Edit” button
- Verify the information and make the changes
- Click on the “Save” button to update the payment information
- Check the preview of the billing information
- Then “Save” the changes and log out
Solution 2: Check and Verify Credit Card Details in QuickBooks
For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service –
- Open QB desktop and click on the subscribed payroll service from the product and service window
- Open the “Billing” information tab
- Click on the “Edit” option next to the payment method
- Enter the correct payment details
- Click on the “Save” button and close
- Recheck the payroll subscription information
For QuickBooks Online Payroll Service –
Open QuickBooks online and click on the Gear icon
- Select “Account & Setting”
- Then click on the “Billing and Subscription.”
- From under the “Payment Method” tab press “Edit”
- Edit your credit card details and click “Save”
Solution 3: Wait for the Intuit Server Response
If QuickBooks error ps060 occurred because of Intuit server issue, then the user will be needed to wait until the Intuit server starts working once again.
Solution 4: Download and Install the Updated Version of the Software
This payroll error code ps060 might also be caused because of the outdated version of QB or payroll. In that case, Go to QuickBooks download, the user is needed to download and install the updated payroll and QuickBooks desktop software.
Solution 5: Check for the Third-Party Software Settings
If the reason behind this error code is any malware attack or any third-party application interference, then the user needs to scan the entire system settings. Also, you can contact the customer support team to solve the problem.
Solution 6: Resolve the Connectivity Problems
Check if your computer is connected to the internet because internet connectivity is a very common reason behind this error code. Speak to your broadband or Wi-Fi service provider if the issue cannot be fixed at your end.
Solution 7: Clear Junk Files from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and select Internet options
- Go to the browsing history and hit the “Delete” button under the General tab
- Tick the options for Website Files and Temporary Internet Files
- Click “Delete” and then “OK” to confirm
Contact QuickBooks Support Experts to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
Executing any of the above-stated steps might help the user to solve the QuickBooks error PS060. But, if you are unable to use QuickBooks after following these methods, you can get in touch with our expert team of QuickBooks on QuickBooks 24/7 helpline.