What is QuickBooks Error 6123
QuickBooks error code (-6123, -xxx), (-6123, 0) – “Connection to the QuickBooks Company file has been lost”
While using QuickBooks, you might encounter an error (-6123, -xxx), (-6123, 0), or connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost. This QuickBooks Error 6123 is bound to occur whilst establishing or using a QuickBooks company file over a network in a multi-user environment. This means that one or more computer systems are hosting the QuickBooks software and are accessing the company file which is causing the error. A software-powered, marketed, also developed by Intuit; QuickBooks offers a variety of options for small & medium-sized businesses who want nothing but growth in the business industry and QuickBooks software has the power of accelerating this growth process with the services it provides.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 6123 0:
- Reinstating the backup directly from a flash drive or any other removable device.
- The name of the computer system hosting the file was changed whilst the hosting was still on.
- Distorted network connection with the host computer.
- The QuickBooks desktop files or program files were flawed.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Numerous QuickBooks Database Services running in the computer system.
- Firewall settings that forbid QuickBooks desktop files from accessing necessary ports.
- McAfee Privacy Service has been installed with the Block Web Bugs filter option. (this filter usually conflicts with the QuickBooks desktop)
- Busted windows user
How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123 0
Intuit has provided different solutions to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123 0, where Proadvisors have recommended the below-mentioned solutions to the best solution to resolve QB error code -6123, 0. If you are not tech-savvy or you require technical guidance to fix this error code, dial QuickBooks support at +1-888-300-6790.
FOUR DIFFERENT WORKING SOLUTIONS TO DISAPPEAR QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6123
Solution #1: Open the company sample file
By going with this solution, i.e. opening the sample company file, you are testing if the problem lies within your company file or the QuickBooks application itself. If the sample company file does not open and displays an error that clearly indicates that QuickBooks Installation has been damaged and needs to be immediately repaired. Repair QuickBooks Desktop to resolve installation issues in QuickBooks
Solution #2: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files
The .ND and .TLG files are part of the QuickBooks files. These are configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user environment. If these files are damaged or corrupted in any way, these errors will prevent you from opening QuickBooks files. Renaming these files will not cause any hassle or lose any QuickBooks data. These files are automatically re-created when you re-scan them using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then when you open the files again.
- Open the folder that contains the company file
- Find the files with the same name as your company files but along with the extensions .ND .TLG.
3: Right-click on each of the files and RENAME them both. Insert old at the end of both the file names.
4: Open QuickBooks software again and sign in to your company files.
Solution #3: Copy the QuickBooks file on the Desktop
By performing this action; copying the QuickBooks file to the desktop you are doing a check-up on the fact whether the location of the company file is the problem or not. If the file opens while it is saved on the desktop, then the previous location was the issue. If the company file still didn’t open even after changing its location, it is most likely that the file is damaged.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Search the file in the folder with the extension.QBW
- Right-click on the file and select the COPY option. Now, go to the desktop, right-click anywhere, and PASTE the file.
- While holding down the control key, open QuickBooks so you get directed to the No Company Open Window.
- Click on open or on restoring an existing company file. Navigate back to the desktop and find the company file you had previously copied and opened it.
Solution #4: Restore a back-up
Since the company file did not turn out to work when moved to a new location, you can try and restore a backup copy of the company file to make sure that the current version is working just fine or the current file is damaged. (.QBW)
It is recommended to recover lost data with the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery option if QuickBooks error code 6123 is still there.
Contact QuickBooks Experts to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Select the apt-setup from the following options and perform the recommended steps. These steps ought to solve the problem, but if QuickBooks Error Code 6123 still persists, contact our TOLL-FREE QuickBooks Technical Support Team’s number –+1888-300-6790 and get the finest solutions from our certified ProAdvisors.