QuickBooks Error C=342 – “damaged data tree (.qbw)”
Intuit powered accounting software; QuickBooks has made business easier. Any small or medium-sized businesses are now giving up their hectic ways of managing accounts, payrolls, pay-checks, customers, vendors all summed up in huge hard copies, and joining hands with QuickBooks. Because of our customer service and ProAdvisors, we are now the leading accounting software in the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia. QuickBooks error C=342 dawns upon you when you try to open a damaged company file (.qbw), especially in QuickBooks 2004 or 2005. Only by restarting QuickBooks software, preferably with a new data file, can the software start working properly again.
Repair QuickBooks Error C=342:
For solving this error code, you will need to run the Rebuild Data utility in QuickBooks. In QuickBooks 2004 & 2005 versions, the utility can run without you first open the company file. Scanning your computer system for viruses foremost is always a good plan. If the other data files open without any problem: rebuild your company data file without opening it. If you continue to receive the QuickBooks error c=342 after performing these steps, you will have to restore a back-up of your company file. In Microsoft Windows XP, users should verify compatibility settings. The Rebuild Data Utility repairs transactions and lists the damages existing in your company files.
Follow the process of QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility under the following circumstances:
- When you encounter an error message, prompting you to rebuild your data file.
- Verify that, data process ends with a data damage message.
- QuickBooks in Product Help or a knowledge-based article can suggest you how to rebuild your data.
- QuickBooks Support Executive recommends running the rebuild utility tool.
- Forms and reports might display incorrectly.
Step by Step Methods to resolve QuickBooks Error C=342
Method #1: open a QuickBooks sample company file
- Firstly, open the computer system and press the Control (Ctrl) key.
- A no company window appears on the screen
- Therefore, release the control (Ctrl) key again.
- Furthermore, click to open the sample company file in the no company window.
- A drop-down list will appear on the screen
- Therefore, select any sample file from the list given.
- If the error does not display, then it means your company file is damaged.
Method #2: disabling the Windows compatibility mode
- Firstly, open your computer system and go to the start button.
- Therefore, click on the QuickBooks icon the windows desktop.
- Choose the properties option.
- Furthermore, click on the compatibility tab.
- In addition to this, check the compatibility mode to run this program.
- Now click on the OK button.
- Therefore, click on the cancel button if the check-boxes are not selected.
Method #3: run the Rebuild Utility
- Go to file > click utilities > rebuild data.
- Click OK if you receive a prompted message to back-up your company file.
- Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed and proceed with the next step.
Method #4: run the verify Utility
- Go to file menu > click utilities > verify data
- Click OK when you see the message QuickBooks detected no problem with your data. Continue using your original company file.
- Verify the data process detects issues with your data; you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View errors.
- Click on Close.
- Continue with the following steps if you are comfortable reviewing the QBWIN.log file. Otherwise, you can also contact for additional support from our ProAdvisors.
- Open the QBWIN.log file.
- When the file opens search to start verify and locate the latest file.
- Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, copy, and paste to QuickBooks help.
Follow the above-mentioned steps to recover your QuickBooks from QuickBooks Error C=342, If you fail to put the steps correctly or the solution given above didn’t work for your QuickBooks. Call +1-650-385-8069 QuickBooks data recovery support phone number and get an instant and easy fix. We recover all types of damaged QuickBooks company files. Our team uses special tools to repair and recover your company file.