Points which are necessary before converting the file :
- Only the Administrator user can update the company file
- QuickBooks Desktop company file must be saved on the computer before converting it, not on the network i.e. cloud or google drives
- Remember Enterprise company files only work in QuickBooks Enterprise editions
Now detailed steps to convert the old QuickBooks company file to the newer version of QuickBooks
- Open the new version of QuickBooks
- Go to File
- Click on Open or Restore Company
- Click on Open company file
- Search your old company file and click Open.
- Select Move Company File
- Click on Update Now
- Select all positive options like yes, okay and next
- Now your file has been updated
If you face any issues call QuickBooks support 1800-316-0126.