What is QuickBooks Error code 80070057 ?
While double clicking on a company, portable or an .QBW extension file, users are facing an Error 80070057. There was a sudden issue noted while trying to run a company file in QuickBooks with “path location.” Error code 80070057 occurs. Now users want to know why this error takes place in their QuickBooks.
There are various possible reasons for these types’ errors:
- Company file’s extension has changed, so QuickBooks was not able to read the Company file.
- An extension file, .QBB has manually renamed in Mac.
- An extension file has wrongly renamed in QuickBooks’ windows, .QBM, .QBB or .QBX.
- During the creation of the backup file, QuickBooks detects the damage in Company file.
- At the time of installation of QuickBooks, it has corrupted.
- Working on a file which has located in USB’s flash drive.
How to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057 ?
Intuit recommends various solutions for these issues. The first solution may resolve your issues, or Users may need to attempt all of them to solve the errors. For the finest results, complete the solutions in the order which has shown below.
Solution 1 – If you are converting your files from Macintosh to Windows
To solve this issue, use the Back-Up option in Windows function to convert QuickBooks from Mac to Windows.
Solution 2: Verify extension of file
Check the extension of company name file
- Open the properties of company file by right-clicking.
- Choose QuickBooks Tabs.
- Check the file name is in the filename field.
- Make sure QuickBooks is last opened with Field.
- Click on OK.
Change the extension of a company name file after copying it.
- Create a New Folder.
- Copy the Company file.
- Open new folder and paste it there.
- Make sure the full file extension is showing.
- Rename it change its extension with .QBM.
- Save it by clicking anywhere.
- Restore the Portable after opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Rename the extension of the file with .QBB, if the file is not opening.
- Restore the back-ups.
- If the file still not opened, then renamed it with the extension .QBX.
Open Flash Drive, then copy the company file and paste it in the other folder.
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open C:\ drive and then go to the “File,” Right-Click and choose the New Folder.
- Named your new folder with anything such as “QBrestore” and saved it.
- Go to the Flash drive, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW and paste it in a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, browse to the New Folder “QB-restore” and Open it.
Solution 3 – Operate clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop by performing a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop.
If above provided solution does not work, then call QuickBooks support phone number to get the instant solution of your problems. QuickBooks Support Provide 24/7 services and it gives the finest solution to every query. Call QuickBooks Support Phone Number: +1800-986-6730.