Users have encountered the problem while opening the company file data:
- The QuickBooks software couldn’t connect to the computer that shows the location of Company file of QuickBooks.
Error message -6176 is not able to receive network identification of web.
How to fix this issue?
There are many beneficial solutions to resolve the issue suggested by QuickBooks Support. You may solve the error with the solution 1, but it may need to practice all possible solutions to be quite satisfied. You must execute each solution exactly in the same order as explained here below.
Solution 1: – Analyze the System Errors
There might be a connection between the Windows issues and the computer virus. QuickBooks Support recommends running full scan after updating the definition of antivirus software.
- Immediately scan your computer to identify and resolve the bugs:
- Update antivirus program.
- Activate your antivirus software and run a full scan.
- Note: If you cannot run antivirus software or update it, there is the possibility of having a virus. You should get QuickBooks technical support from an IT professional to resolve this issue.
- If antivirus didn’t find any virus, then just copy the company file to the other system and open it.
- If the company file of QuickBooks successfully opens on another operating system, Users should repair Windows installation on the system that doesn’t open file. You can get full support from the Windows technician or an IT person.
- If the company files of QuickBooks remains closed on the other operating system or the same issue appears along with a single company file, your company file is damaged. You can perform the solution 2.
Solution 2: Install and run the QuickBooks tool of File Doctor
- Download the QuickBooks tool of Doctor File, install it and then run the application.
- If there is No problem in identifying the issue in your Company File, but the problem remains the same,
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support for any further assistance or go to quickbooks.com